Mark your calendars and plan to participate in our
ABOLITION LOBBY DAY AT THE CAPITOL on FEBRUARY 10, 2015!
Want to participate in Lobby Day? Here is what you need to know:
- Need a ride to the Capitol? Buses will be coordinated to arrive at the Capitol at 11am.
- Meet us in the Capitol Rotunda on the 2nd floor for a quick briefing, light lunch and to pick up your Lobby Day Packets!
- Lobby Day will preceded a Press Conference by Faith Leaders at 2 p.m.
We are busy alerting legislators about Lobby Day and will help you, our members, set up appointments with your legislators!
Just contact your area Coordinator:
- Do you live in Kansas City or the surrounding area – Click HERE to contact your area Coordinator.
- Do you live in Topeka or the surrounding area – Click HERE to contact your area Coordinator.
- Do you live in Wichita, Western Kansas, or the surrounding area – Click HERE to contact your area Coordinator.
- Not sure which area you live in? No problem! Click HERE and we will have your Coordinator contact you!
Your Lobby Day Packet will include the following:
- An agenda of the day’s activities
- A list of your appointments – Name, office number and time
- A map of the Capitol
- Name tags and “Justice Without a Doubt” Stickers
- Legislator rosters
- The 6 Myths Educational Sheet
- A Lobby Day follow-up report to report on your visit
- A sample thank you letter to help you write a thank you letter to your legislator.
We are looking forward to seeing you at ABOLITION LOBBY DAY on FEBRUARY 10th where KCADP Staff will be ready and available to assist you in anyway!