The KCADP Fall 2012 Newsletter is now available online! We’ve got a lot of exciting news and upcoming events to share with you. Here’s a glimpse at the stories you’ll find in the Fall 2012 Newsletter:
- KCADP is hosting the 2012 Abolition Conference in Olathe on Saturday, November 10th. Dr. Allen Ault, a former death row warden, will be the keynote speaker. He will share a unique perspective based on his law enforcement and corrections experience. For more information on the 2012 Abolition Conference, or to register online for free, click here.
- Join us in welcoming Mary Sloan as KCADP’s Executive Director! Get to know Mary by reading her “From the Executive Director” column.
- This issue’s “From the Board Chair” column reminds us that support for abolition can come from anywhere. Not only does support come from conservatives to moderates to progressives, but from all political parties as well. Read the column to learn more about “who” supports abolition.
- KCADP is working harder than ever to end the Kansas death penalty. Read the story about our challenge grant, and find out how your financial contribution can help us reach our goal!
- The Kansas death penalty has been making news. Read our update on recent capital cases and Kansas editorials calling for repeal!
The full newsletter is available online.